04 November 2011

W is For: “Why am I Writing this Blog”

Today, I received an email from my girlfriend, who also has twins.  In response to reading all of my tales, she said:


“That is great that you have captured all the moments!  I tell my sister birth to age three of the twins’ lives is a blur.  She will be like, don't you remember this or that that mom did or said.  And I am like, no....”



If I never took the few photos that I had or wrote down my mini- memoirs; I know for a fact that I never would have remembered a thing.  My life was a blura soulful painful blur.  If it were not for my Julie’s & my Dena, I would never have made it through. 



Living with Multiples & More has really taken a toll on my noggin and nights.  I was literally thumbing through the recorded television episodes on “My DVR” the other day, and found myself asking, “What is ‘Unforgettable’?”  My son answered (with that “you blonde” tone), “It means when you can’t forget something.  You know, like your favorite song!?!” 



And later that evening, I found ME and MADNESS to be the subject of his facebook… again.







The awkward moment where i have to tell my mom what unforgetable means. who had a bad day?
Wednesday at 8:00pm near Venice


And I was found to be the blunt-of-the-joke the next day at school, too.



O!  Life has been good to me.  I beat the odds of the Double-Trouble Divorce (families with multiple births) where the spilt occurs when the children are between the ages of one and five years, and is 5 to 10% higher than the other divorces in the United States.  Wahoo!  We made it almost twenty-five years.  And when it was over, it was oVer.


I was:  

brow ∞ beaten,  

kicked to the curb,
put in a dumpster, 

finding funds infuriating,  

discovered that divorced-parenting is devastating, 

when planning a split from your spouse
(prepare in advance like some people do)
make a move to ESunny FloridaE 

and evacuated from evil.   

And, quite frankly,
I have never been happier in my life.



I am undiscovered; I do write well.  I was trained to.  (And the sarcasm in me cannot but help to defy the prescriptive preposition at the end of the sentence rule.  Yes, that was a purposeful linguistic mistake.)  I’m sure all of my English professors would have been in an upheaval to read that, but Erma Bombeck would have loved it.  She understood life, like:  “If Life is a Bowl of Cherries What Am I Doing in the Pits?”


I told my ex before we got married that I was a scholar, not a maid, and I meant it.  I couldn’t keep up it with it all.  I was and am a good mother, and I was a good wife. 



In life, there are problems.  My world is wild with the unconformities to rules and their regulations.  If my willingness to openly display my wit in pictures & prose can benefit those who blunder daily in depression or think that they are the only one in a pickle and can’t seem to crawl out of the jar, THEY ARE NOT ALONE. 



Come on, for years, I had to remove the lamps off of my end tables in the living room for fear of fracture if I turned my back.  If it wasn’t gated, it was duct taped.



If I wasn’t in hell,

I took my kids to Hell,
(like to Hell, Michigan on 6-6-6)

so they’’d know the true value of virtue.



Yes, I may be “slightly on the warped side.”  (Check out my blog “E is for:  The End  the Tail End”.)  I know I’m not perfect, but neither is life. 







We Need to Laugh at Ourselves
&
We Need to Let Go!


So I’m sharing “The ABC’s of Double-Trouble” as a non-conforming way to express the great creative treasures of life, no matter how enormously inconsequential and primitively painstaking they seem at the time. 


© Copyright 1976-2011 Leslie D. Zenoni dba Coloured Pencils

No comments:

Post a Comment